Paneer tikka is a delicious Indian appetizer made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and a blend of spices. Here’s a recipe to make paneer tikka:
- 250 grams paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 cup yogurt (hung curd)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum), cut into cubes
- Skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Chaat masala (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, lemon juice, and salt. This is the marinade for the paneer tikka.
- Add the paneer cubes to the marinade and gently coat them with the mixture. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) or heat a grill pan on the stovetop.
- Thread the marinated paneer cubes, onion cubes, and bell pepper cubes onto the skewers, alternating them.
- Brush a baking tray or grill pan with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the skewers on the tray or grill pan and drizzle some oil on top.
- If using the oven, bake the skewers for about 15-20 minutes or until the paneer is slightly golden and the vegetables are cooked. If using a grill pan, cook the skewers on medium heat, turning them occasionally until the paneer is golden and the vegetables are cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the oven or grill pan.
- Garnish the paneer tikka with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with lemon wedges. You can sprinkle some chaat masala on top for added flavor if desired.
- Paneer tikka can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with roti (Indian bread) or naan.
Enjoy your homemade paneer tikka!