Bhelpuri is a popular Indian street food snack that is known for its tangy and spicy flavors. It’s relatively easy to make and requires a few key ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe to make Bhelpuri:
- 3 cups puffed rice (murmura)
- 1 cup sev (fried chickpea flour noodles)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small potato, boiled and diced
- 1/4 cup raw mango, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind chutney
- 2 tablespoons green chutney
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the puffed rice.
- Add the sev, chopped onion, tomato, potato, raw mango (if using), and coriander leaves to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the tamarind chutney and green chutney to the mixture. You can adjust the quantity of chutneys based on your taste preferences.
- Sprinkle the chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt over the mixture. Toss everything together until all the ingredients are well coated with the spices.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the Bhelpuri in individual bowls or plates.
- Garnish with some additional sev and coriander leaves.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the Bhelpuri just before serving to enhance the flavors.
- Enjoy your homemade Bhelpuri immediately.
Note: Bhelpuri is a versatile dish, and you can add or modify the ingredients based on your preferences. Some common variations include adding chopped cucumber, grated carrot, or sprouted moong beans. Feel free to get creative and adjust the ingredients to suit your taste.