Making pancakes is a simple and enjoyable process. Here’s a basic recipe for making pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- Additional butter or oil for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them together to ensure they’re well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter or oil until they are well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently with a spoon or whisk until the batter comes together. It’s okay if there are a few lumps; over-mixing can make the pancakes tough.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. You can lightly grease the pan with butter or oil if needed.
- Once the pan is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle to pour the pancake batter onto the pan. Leave some space between each pancake to allow for spreading.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see bubbles forming on the surface. This indicates that it’s time to flip.
- Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until it’s golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover them with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm while you cook the remaining batter. You can also keep them warm in a preheated oven set to low heat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
Enjoy your homemade pancakes!